Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sell it!



Take your kids out grown clothing to a resale shop for some extra cash.  I have been selling my kids nice out grown clothes to thrift stores for a long time.  I have it down to a science now.  I buy their clothes at yard sales, let them wear them for the season and then if the clothing is still free of stains, holes, too much wear, I sell them (sometimes I save them for the younger kids, cousins and friends).  I have strict guidelines that I follow when buying clothing for them.  Must be name brand, and in excellent condition so that I can resell.  When bringing your kids clothes into a resale store make sure you have picked through the items you want to get rid of and select the clothing that is in really good condition.  They will not accept items that have a lot of wear, holes, stains or that are out of date/style.  If you wouldn't buy it then don't bring it in.  I clean and fold every item and iron any dresses or dress shirts that have wrinkles, who wants to buy a wrinkled up shirt? Also I tie and button everything so it looks ready to put on the rack, the resale store will be more apt to buy the item if it is ready to hang and sell.  Save the money that you get from selling the clothing to buy (following the guidelines of course) the next size or season and do the same thing again. 

 ~Soon I will do another post on what my "buy it" prices are for clothes at yard sales~ 

1 comment:

  1. Love this!!! I miss clothes shopping with you at yard sales! I miss finding deals on L.L.Bean clothes!!! Can't wait to read about pricing!!!

    ReplyDelete