Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Make your own baby Wipes



Its really hard to find a good deal on Baby wipes.  I try to get them for 1cent per wipe but its rare to find so I started to make my own wipes.  All you need is a roll of bounty paper towels (you can use other brands but  bounty is thicker and holds up better) and a bottle of Johnson &Johnson baby wash.  Of course you will get these with a coupon and on sale and stash them away in your stock pile for when you need to make wipes ;) Some homemade wipes call for baby oil or olive oil...I have found that you don't really need it.  Also you can add some lavender essential oil if baby has a rash.  I have my kids tear the sheets off a roll and stack them in a pile then I take 8-10 at a time and tear them in half (if you get the bounty select-a-size you wont have to tear them in half).  Next I fold them into a baby wipes container like the pop up ones from the store.  It takes a little time but I think its worth it when you have a giant poopy mess to deal with.  I then take the folded stack out and put a quarter sized amount of baby wash in the bottom of the container.  Fill  1/3 of the way with warm water and swish.  Pour over the folded stack and then stick the wipes in the container.  Its actually easy and saves a boat load of money!!
If you happen to find wipes or the baby wash at a yard sale (which I have) get them!  They are always super cheap!

Alternate instructions which I have tried but I like my way better ;)


Take a roll of bounty paper towels and cut them in half with a bread knife.  Take out the cardboard roll and find a plastic container to fit it (I have used the cylindrical baby wipes container from walmart, its in the soap isle).  Pour the same baby wash and water mixture over the wipes.  No folding needed.

1 comment:

  1. Going to try this one! I will use Lavender essential oil, just because... love it! Need to find a good baby shampoo and paper towels on sale... hee hee

    ReplyDelete